Arkansas Valley Fair
YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE
135th Annual Arkansas Valley Fair Parade
ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2012 AT 10AM.
OUR THEME THIS YEAR IS " GROWING OUR OWN " A PANEL OF JUDGES WILL JUDGE ENTRIES
IN THE COMPETITION ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
CONFORMITY OF THEME, APPEARANCE, CREATIVENESS, PERFORMANCE, FORMATIONS AND UNIQUENESS.
PRIZES AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
CASH PRIZES AWARDS
Youth Lions Club Choice
Non Profit Parade Marshall’s Choice
Commercial Judges Choice
Riding Club Mayor’s Choice
“ Sweepstakes Winners”
PLEASE READ.................OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
ENTRIES WILL NOT BE GIVEN A CONFIRMATION OR LINE-UP NUMBER~~~~~~NO FEE
1. For the safety of parade spectators we request (A) DO NOT THROW candy or any other item from your parade entry. Please distribute these by a person walking the sideline area. (B) DO NOT DISCHARGE firearms from your parade entry. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM BEING JUDGED.
2. Each entry shall exercise all precautions for the safety of others and shall be responsible for their own animal, float, vehicle, etc…..i.e. keeping entry in order and under control and repsonsible for cleanup after your animal in your staging area and unloading area.
3. The driver of the entry must be available AT ALL TIMES to move the unit in the event of an emergency or relocation.
4. ALL ENTRIES-Marching Groups, Horses, Shrine, Commercial Entries, Buses, Machinery, etc. are to report to their staging area NO LATER THAN 9am. And report to the parade officials(Rocky Ford Lions Club members). Riding Groups and Animal Entries are to meet at the south end of Main Street just west on Washington Ave. Motorized vehicles without floats and Politicians meet at the south toward Washington Ave. between 12th Street and Main Street facing West. All floats line up on Hopkins Ave. facing West........
5. ALL BANDS are to meet at the South end of Main Street (play park hill) report to their staging area at 9:30am.(unload at the Rocky Ford High School west Washington Ave. on the hill.)
6. Parade will start at the south end of Main Street at 10am. All entries will be expected to keep their proper position throughout the parade and follow the designated route.
7. All Horse and Riding group entries meet at West Washington Ave. reporting to their staging area at 9:30am. DO NOT PARK OR UNLOAD ON PRIVIATE PROPERTY, PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR ANIMALS.
8. CASH AWARDS AND TROPHY WINNERS will be announced during the opening of the Arkansas Valley the Ranch Sorting and also will be posted at the fair and ticket office. Awards may be picked up at the FAIR OFFICE until Saturday, August 18. AWARDS that are not picked up will be mailed to the address listed on the entry form. Please stop by and pick your award up. Thank you.
SALLY COPE * AVF MANAGER / PARADE DIRECTOR
P.O. Box 188, Rocky Ford, CO 81067 (719) 254-7723
ARKANSAS VALLEY FAIR PARADE
ENTRY FORM / online registration deadline is August 13, 2012
"GROWING OUR OWN"